Monday, February 20, 2012

Had a ball!

It has been at least 6 months since I rode her. Six months of her lazying about the pasture, getting a little grain treat here and there. Maybe pulled up to have her feet trimmed but other than that, she has been living the life. Today I show up and realized this is why I have Corrie. We pulled her out of the pasture and did a little grooming, saddled up, little ground work and got on.

Corrie was wonderful!

One of the first things I spied is that my trainer got one of these balls. (Sorry I left my phone in the car so I couldn't take pictures.)  She sniffed it and nudged it. Was a little worried about it rolling toward her, but we did a little ground work around it and she was fine.

Hoped on and walked around the arena. She was just as quiet as can be. Looked at the paper bags in the corner a bit. We faced them, took baby steps toward them until she touched them with her nose. After that she was fine with them.

I didn't do a lot of work with her. I rode her around and played with the ball. My trainer came out and rode with us.

Corrie didn't like my trainer's horse. I don't know why. She was letting her annoyance be known too! I started playing with the ball. She would rub on it. Eventually she would would send it flying with a good nose push. After a few of these nose pushes we noticed that she only pushed it to my trainer's horse when he went by. She is a character!

Mostly I just walked around. A little trotting. Corrie has not been worked in forever and right now she is going to be worked only 2 x a month. Not enough time to really "do" anything but enjoy her. And I plan to. :)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth - I don't always comment, but I do love your interesting posts. So from one horse-gal to another, I have given you the Versatile Blogger award. You can find it on my blog http://lindabenson.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Beth. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that painting. Who did it?

    I'm glad you had a fun ride on Corrie. It is hard to do much of anything when you can't ride often, but it's still fun to ride anyway. :D I love how she was showing her displeasure to the other horse. So funny! She's such a character.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I love you hear from you!