Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Years


It's that time, isn't it? That time when we look back for a moment before we jump into making plans for the future year. I tend to just let December 31 flow into January 1 without much notice. No staying up until midnight and then sleeping until noon. Just a quiet reflection by myself.

After reading several blogs and what those people had accomplished in the last year I started to feel sorry for myself. what did I really do this past year? I did not write down plans for this year, mostly I was just hoping to make it through another year. Then I stopped and thought for a moment. I did have things I accomplished this year.

1) Start a weight loss program. I started Weight Watchers and I really find it one of the best ways to loss weight. Mostly because it is not a diet, but a new way to eat that takes in individual preferences into account.

2) Not only did I start, but I actually lost 10 lbs!

3) Start riding again. I actually did get on a horse in the past year. I came off and broke my wrist, but let's not dwell on the negative. I also found a horse that I really think I can ride and may have a buyer for Abby.

Okay there are other more personal goals I met, but those two are the ones that are most important here. Two goals is not that bad, especially for not having formally made any. Next year though I think it would be fun to look back and see what I have done.

Goals for 2010:
1) Start riding my own horse.

2) Ride my own horse walk/ trot/ canter.

3) Start working with Kinsey on Training level dressage work.

4) Take a few lessons from a dressage trainer.

5) Lose at least 4 lbs. a month. That is really low. I am actually hoping for 8lbs. 4 lbs a month and I will be half way through my weight loss by the end of the year, 8lbs and I will be done.

I am sure that I will add to that list, but it is a good start.

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic! You turned a bad situation (feeling sorry for yourself) into a good situation (focusing on the positive and making goals)! Kudos for that one. I like your goals and I think they are attainable. I've decided I can't live without goals. Without them I just drift around feeling hopeless and lost. We can root each other on this year and keep each other motivated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I love you hear from you!