Monday, March 15, 2010

I shed a tear today . . .

By far my heart horse was Rebels Hope. The first time I lunged her after I got home she almost jerked my arm out of its socket. She left me in the middle of a field with my left stirrup after my first ride on her. Man those were good time! I ended up loving this horse more than anything.This is my new horse. She has some of the same attitude as Hope but is not Hope. This morning Kinsey came running up to the fence to. . . well . . . to be honest to get her hay, just like Hope would have done. She looked like Hope too.
My heart leap to my throat. A tear came to my eye:

My mind was momentarily confused. Hope just flooded my mind and I missed her oh so much. It lit a fire in my soul to do the thing I love most: to ride.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I know a little bit how you feel. I catch myself comparing Chrome to my little mare Lady that I grew up with all the time. I still miss Lady, but I think Chrome's personality is a better match for me. I hope Kinsey turns out to be a good match for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I love you hear from you!